TD-W9970 wired network disconnects around every two to three days, I have to hot plug-out and in ethernet cable to solve

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W9970 wired network disconnects around every two to three days, I have to hot plug-out and in ethernet cable to solve

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-05 11:41:11
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model TD-W9970, Canada version. Using Carry-Tel VDSL 25Mbps as both the DSL modem and wired + wireless router.
The following is reproduced many many times:

My LG smart TV linking to DT-W9770 with ethernet cable (the only linked wired device), cannot link to internet around every two to three days.

When the TV boots up, it should connect to the ethernet automatically, however, I see the DT-W9770 ethernet light turns on, but TV cannot link to the internet. Checking TV network setting (using its network setting interface, shown in the attached pic below), I can see the wired link to router is OK, but DNS and internet are shown disconnected.

At this moment:
1. Keeping TV power on, if I plug out the ethernet cable and replug it in, in several seconds the ethernet will be recovered;
2. If turning of TV first, replugging in the cable when TV power off, it won't revocer the ethernet;
3. if I turn off the TV (and even unplug the power) and reboot it, the TD-W9770 ethernet light turns off and then on, but DNS is missing and internet are still shown disconnected.
4. Once it is disconnected, it won't be connected any longer;
5. This happens randomly but basically once every about 1 ~ 3 days.
6. The wireless connection is always good. (Exception for once, attached iphone screen shot in the reply followed)
7. This happens no matter I choose DHCP or static IP. I changed the DHCP lease time between 1440 min and 2880 min, not helpful.
8. The LG smart TV worked fine with my another D-Link router for 2 years, never seen this.
9. The LAN IP range was set 192.168.1.xxx with subnet mask 255.255.255.0, while when the issue happens, the IP seen from LG TV or iphone (as the reply) is changed to some other IP (169.254.116.187 or [B]169.254.132.145, which are not DSL modem's IP: like [/B] 38.132.48.45 /32 [B][B]), with subnet mask 255.255.0.0, which should not been seen by the LAN device.[/B][/B]

It seems DT-W9770's wired LAN or the linkage of wired LAN to DSL has stable problem. Or the LAN DNS has problem forwarding config from DSL.

HELP! Somebody can help solve this annoying problem?

Firmware Version:0.9.1 2.5 v0025.0 Build 150917 Rel.56865n_CA

[B]Hardware Version:TD-W9970 v1 00000000

[/B]

Fig-1 failure case

Fig-2 correct case
Options
2 Reply
Re:TD-W9970 wired network disconnects around every two to three days, I have to hot plug-out and in ethernet cable to solve
2016-10-18 00:25:28
Images added, can somebody help?
Options
Re:TD-W9970 wired network disconnects around every two to three days, I have to hot plug-out and in ethernet cable to solve
2016-11-13 07:38:15
[FONT=calibri]Moreover, I encountered a wifi failure on my iphone which suddenly happened, and the internet linkage is lost while the local wifi is till there. It is very similar to LG smart TV's linking error except TV is using wired LAN. It is same that I saw similar info that the link is not LAN, but some IP, nor DSL modem's IP (like [/FONT] 38.132.48.45 /32 [FONT=calibri]). It is seems ISP to LAN linkage has something wrong.[/FONT]

By the way, my turning off my wifi on iphone and turn it on again did not solve the problem. I have to reboot the
TD-W9970.

I attached the screen snap of my iphone (numb is ID of my wifi):

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1219

Replies: 2

Related Articles