TL-WPA4220 Hardware-v1.1 - PLAN-MAC is missing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-17 16:12:54
Model : TL-WPA4220(EU)

Hardware Version : 1.1

Firmware Version : 1.2.29

ISP :

Hello,

I've a problem with my PLAN-Adapter.
I only can connect to it by a second adapter using the ethernet-ports.

Opening the status i can see that PowerLAN-MAC-Address is set to 00-00-00-00-00-00.
Network and Wireless do have the original MACs.
And at firmware-version i can see that below stands "BootLoader".

Recovery or reset isn't solving the problem.

Can someone help me to get this adapter working again?!
Options
22 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220 Hardware-v1.1 - PLAN-MAC is missing
2016-12-22 03:08:16
I have the very same problem. Still looking for a solution...
Options
PLAN-MAC is missing - bootloader
2017-01-08 06:07:51
I have the same problem. After firmware update of the WPA4220 the PLAN is missing. I can not update it via the tpPLCUtility because it is not possible any more to Pair the Power LAN.

Any hints?

best rgds
Sammso
Options
Same issue
2017-10-26 10:08:19
I'm facing the same problem. The only way I could get connected to the device is by using the web page, and I could update the oldest firmware version (a bin file), but that didn't help. The tpPLC utility does not find the device by the powerline, si I can't upload the PIB and NVM files.
The only thing I didn't test yet is to connect both devices by ethernet to a switch. May be that's the only way they can see eachother and the tpPLC utility let me upgrade the firmware.

mouzzza wrote

Model : TL-WPA4220(EU)

Hardware Version : 1.1

Firmware Version : 1.2.29

ISP :

Hello,

I've a problem with my PLAN-Adapter.
I only can connect to it by a second adapter using the ethernet-ports.

Opening the status i can see that PowerLAN-MAC-Address is set to 00-00-00-00-00-00.
Network and Wireless do have the original MACs.
And at firmware-version i can see that below stands "BootLoader".

Recovery or reset isn't solving the problem.

Can someone help me to get this adapter working again?!
Options
2017-10-26 18:19:42

eliotearg wrote

I'm facing the same problem. The only way I could get connected to the device is by using the web page, and I could update the oldest firmware version (a bin file), but that didn't help. The tpPLC utility does not find the device by the powerline, si I can't upload the PIB and NVM files.
The only thing I didn't test yet is to connect both devices by ethernet to a switch. May be that's the only way they can see eachother and the tpPLC utility let me upgrade the firmware.

are you able to pair the two powerline?
Do you have internet access ?
Wi-Fi Powerline extender is composed of two parts: powerline adapter part (PLC) and access point part (AP), which is like that we put a wired powerline adapter and a wireless access point into one box, and make them a Wi-Fi powerline extender.
the firmware for PLC part and the firmware for AP part are separated. So the firmware update for PLC part and AP part are independent and separated.
and most of other firmware of TL-WPA 4220 listed on tp-link website are the firmware for AP part. And the firmware for AP part is .bin file.
If you extract the file , see a .nvm file and a .pvb file, or a .ggl file. (The firmware is a .nvm file and a .pvb file combined, or a .ggl file, which is determined by the chips). This kind of firmware (firmware for PLC part) needs to be upgraded by tpPLC utility
Options
2017-10-27 00:13:33

Enson Loo wrote

are you able to pair the two powerline?
Do you have internet access ?
Wi-Fi Powerline extender is composed of two parts: powerline adapter part (PLC) and access point part (AP), which is like that we put a wired powerline adapter and a wireless access point into one box, and make them a Wi-Fi powerline extender.
the firmware for PLC part and the firmware for AP part are separated. So the firmware update for PLC part and AP part are independent and separated.
and most of other firmware of TL-WPA 4220 listed on tp-link website are the firmware for AP part. And the firmware for AP part is .bin file.
If you extract the file , see a .nvm file and a .pvb file, or a .ggl file. (The firmware is a .nvm file and a .pvb file combined, or a .ggl file, which is determined by the chips). This kind of firmware (firmware for PLC part) needs to be upgraded by tpPLC utility

I couldn't pair the devices yet, and I also tried to add the extender manually from the tpPLC utility by adding the device key with no success.
Now I understand that there are two parts, as you explained. If so, then I think that connecting both devices to the same switch by ethernet would not help to get them paired. In that case, I don't know how I can upload the PIB and NVM files to the PLC, because the utility would never "see" the extender. Am I wrong?
Options
2017-10-27 14:41:49
suggest you guys contact tp-link support team on support@tp-link.com for PLC recovery software.
Options
2017-10-28 06:08:26
I contacted them already, 3 days ago, and they insist I should add the device manually on the tpPLC utilty with the device key, but they don't seem to understand that it doesn't work. I will ask them again for a recovery software or some way to upload the PIB and NVM files to the adapter.
Options
2017-10-31 09:19:42
Hope it can work.Any update, can you share here ?
Options
2017-11-01 00:16:34
The last update I've had so far was this:

"And I consulted my supervisor, actually, there is such recovery software for the TL-WPA4220.

Thus I would be like to guide you though the last method we may try on this issue.
Please connect your computer directly to the main adapter(three-light one) with a Ethernet cable, then please refer to the following instruction to setup a new network name on the tpPLC utility for this unit:
http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1616.html

then please copy the same network name and connect your computer to the WiFi extender(four-light one) directly with a Ethernet cable, and paste the same network name for this unit with the tpPLC utility.

If it still cannot pair the two units, then I'm afraid this unit maybe defective after firmware upgrading, "

I didn't test that yet (but I did tried to add the device manually with no success, though I didn't change the network name). I will try that, but I highly suspect it won't work. So I hope they send me the repair utility.

Keep you posted.
Options
2017-11-01 15:58:33
I got a PLC firmware recovery tool from TP-Link here: http://support.tp-link.com/f/060a1dd7d0/?dl=1
Suggest you to update to the last firmware.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WPA4220_V1.html#Firmware
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5832

Replies: 22

Related Articles