No internet when using seamless WDS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-21 17:20:53
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have two DSL modems; let's call them primary and secondary

Primary:
model: TD-W8961ND
connected to the physical dsl line with wireless access point and WDS enabled.

Secondary:
model: TD-W8151N
wireless access point and WDS enabled (I'm going to use this one as repeater of the primary).

I configured WDS in both modems based on the guide here: How to use the TD-W8961ND Wireless Bridge (WDS) Function with another TD-W8961ND

the primary modem works just fine but the secondary one can be connected to but doesn't have internet in it (as soon as I change the SSID of the secondary modem to something different from the primary one, both work just fine, but I want them to use the same SSID)

Primary:

Secondary:

Options
5 Reply
Re:No internet when using seamless WDS
2016-09-22 18:23:59
Firstly, enter DNS addresses in DHCP Settings on the main router. After that please show me IP addresses on your network card when you are connecting to the secondary router.

Options
2016-09-22 23:11:16
I can't save the settings as "Use User Discovered DNS Servers Only" even after adding the two IP addresses that you suggested. it seems "DHCP Table" section also needs to be filled.

Primary:

Secondary:

Options
2016-09-23 01:41:25
You can try in another browser.
Options
2016-09-23 13:52:12
finally updating the firmware of the main modem to the latest version allowed me to save DNS settings and now both access points have the same SSID and everything works just fine.
Thanks a lot for the help.
Options
2016-09-23 14:30:23
You welcome. In case of problems, please check again. Greetings from Poland
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1612

Replies: 5