Archer D9 Site to Site VPN Archer D9 blocking outgoing port 445

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-06 08:37:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi Everyone,

I have two brand new Archer D9 modem / routers, Firmware Version:0.9.1 0.1 v0041.0 Build 160303 Rel.58582n Hardware Version:Archer D9 v1 00000000 on both. ISP, internet and wireless access flawless, VPN connection up can easily remote desktop between ip addresses on both sites no issues. However when trying a basic access to a windows shared folder I get an error so I run the network trouble shooter and get the response that the device/ip address is connected but to check file and printer sharing or the firewall for port 445 being blocked.

I disabled and re enable file and printer sharing at both sites, checked the firewall exceptions allowed port 445, set virtual server port forwarding for port 445 in both Archer D9 units, and rebooted both. VPN again was up, but still no shared folder access, next I tried turning off the windows firewall on both relevant pc's still no file sharing access. I was not giving up created two new shared folders at each site no firewall port forward 445 on both sites set dmz at both sites to relevant ip addresses and tried again and you guessed it still no file share access.

Went back to beginning restored all settings and firewalls to default, factory reset both Archer D9's manual reconfigured both units, manually recopnfigured the ipsec vpn, rebooted modem/routers, check vpn is up still no file share access even though I can Remote desktop to either site via the vpn, did a port scan of both Archer D9 units and found that port 445 was being blocked by the device, can find no way under the modem user interface to change this.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 388

Replies: 0