VR2600 port forwarding to internal SSH server not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-06 21:46:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an SSH server on the local network behind my new Archer VR2600 router. I have configured the router to forward port 22 to the server's local IP. However, remote clients get as far as authentication then the SSH session hangs. Clients on the internal network can connect fine. I have the same problem with my OpenVPN server (on UDP port 1194).

TP-Link support's initial theory is that the router intentionally blocks incoming SSH traffic for anything except the 'Tether' smartphone app.

Has anyone else tried this? If this cannot be fixed I will have to return the router...
Options
5 Reply
Re:VR2600 port forwarding to internal SSH server not working
2016-11-08 20:03:27
I have exactly the same issue with my router:
Hardware Version:Archer VR2600 v1 0000000
Firmware Version:1.4.0 0.8.0 v0050.0 Build 160518 Rel.50944n

I got a workaround for the ssh, but the OpenVPN still not working.
For ssh I'm using first just to open up a tunnel a connection without shell then via the tunnel I'm connecting inside the network with another ssh connecting to the local tunnel. So the tunnelling part is working of the ssh just cannot start up a shell.
I'm sure this is a firmware bug.
However I'm thinking to return the router too as these are not normal functionalities. A firewall configuration is totally missing from this router so no way you can customize anything and there is now way you can install openwrt on this router.
I'm very disappointed!

Reficul wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an SSH server on the local network behind my new Archer VR2600 router. I have configured the router to forward port 22 to the server's local IP. However, remote clients get as far as authentication then the SSH session hangs. Clients on the internal network can connect fine. I have the same problem with my OpenVPN server (on UDP port 1194).

TP-Link support's initial theory is that the router intentionally blocks incoming SSH traffic for anything except the 'Tether' smartphone app.

Has anyone else tried this? If this cannot be fixed I will have to return the router...
Options
2017-01-17 03:52:49
Hi - I'm having the same issue - my VR2600 just arrived today and I'm totally disappointed. How can such an expensive router not support ssh or openconnect VPN - it's a disgrace. I'm going to have to return mine - and I only just received it.
Options
2017-01-18 02:48:44
Hi,

I have the same router and I got it to work by using the Nat forwarding > virtual server.
As I have a NAS in my network I had to open ports for many services, and I added all the ports throw virtual server.
Now I can access my Nas from outside my home network with laptop and mobile app.

:) VR2600 owner
Options
2017-01-21 04:03:09
Hi. Like everyone here, I am having issues with port forwarding - I have set up SSH to my NAS along with forwarding the ports for my L2TP VPN server. Neither of which I can access externally. I am also unable to access any remote SSH servers through the router as it just times out. I have a call with a TP-Link engineer on Sunday to helpfully figure out what's going on.
Options
2017-04-28 00:03:21
The reason none of these settings work is that TP-Link has enabled and locked hardware NAT 'on' in its current firmware. Anything that requires an open port for sending, such as VOIP, just doesn't work. All the settings appear user changeable as normal - only they don't change anything!

After 4 months of trying to get TP-Link to fix this, the only solution that worked was a refund. Maybe they won't screw up the VR2800 so badly.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1396

Replies: 5