Archer D9 authentication issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-10 07:36:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought a Archer D9 in February of this year and it worked fine up until the Australian TP-Link site put up updated firmware (which has now been removed) Archer_D9(EU)_V1_160303.

Stupid me installed this firmware and since then I have had multiple authentication issues where the only resolution was to get Telstra Wholesale through TPG to reset the port at the exchange.

Line sync is always perfect and line is clear with no problems (all tested during the past 6 months multiple times because of the problem).

Last time I had a 3 way phone hookup with TPG & Telstra Engineer and myself and nothing could be found and only thing that had changed since I bought the modem was the firmware upgrade.

Of course best thing to do would be to flash back to 150826 firmware but that pathway is blocked by TP-Link.

So did next best thing and have gone back to using my Dynalink RTA1025W which is 7 years old and only replaced because of age and been running for 6 weeks and not one authentication problem of lockup which was happening every 7-10 days previously with the Archer D9 since flashing the new firmware.

Any suggestions on how to go back to the 150826 firmware or is there any new firmware coming for this modem?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 496

Replies: 0

Related Articles