VR600 and Bandwidth Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-05 20:42:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a TP-Link Archer VR600 hooked up to a Wireless broadband service that provides 25Mbps down 10Mbps up, the modem for this is connected to the WAN port on the router. Speedtest.net shows that these speeds are consistently achieved.
I want to use Bandwidth Control to reserve some bandwidth for several simultaneous VoIP calls.

Having done that I would expect that a speedtest carried out on a different IP address would get 23Mbps down as I have reserved two segments of 1000Kbps each. Can anyone explain why a speedtest with this enabled only shows a download capacity of 10Mbps, I have lost 15Mbps rather than the expected 2Mbps.
As an FYI devices for the specified IP addresses are not yet connected to the network as I'm looking at isolating the issue.
File:
bandwidth.pngDownload
Options
3 Reply
2016-11-10 22:12:25
hello in the control rrc have a broadband connection proxy, how can I set the proxy on my rrc? is it possible? thanks rodolfo
Options
2016-11-14 05:30:49
I like Curseds response. Many great uses of the word shit. All correct shit One thing OP said originally was that he has something like 10 devices connected at times. These devices can most definately use all your available bandwidth if they are downloading shit. You do have a lot of bandwidth tho, so they would have to be using up a lot of it. Maybe 3-4 devices streaming?I can bring my 100 Mbps connection down to a halt, using just 1 pc downloading shit. I think Norbs is right tho, plug yourself into a switch or router directly and test
Options
2016-11-16 04:06:44
Norbs was I having any pop up issues last night? I guess that is the main point of this, if I was not smooth on the server then I need to play with it. I will connect again tonight and see what it is when directly to the router. Thanks for the info tho gents, a lot of shit has changed since I last played LFS.
Options