Issues with TP-W9980 IP4 firewall

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-11 00:09:42
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I am using a W9980 with a BT Infinity2 VDSL link. I have installed the latest firmware: 0.6.0 1.13 v0021.0 Build 160125 Rel.52064n.

I am trying to open port 3389 to permit Remote Desktop connections. I've set up a port forwarding rule to the PC on my LAN and fixed its IP address so that DCHP does not allocate another.

I've configured the firewall thusly:

Created a LAN host LocalHosts3389 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.199 /3389
Turned firewall ON and set default filtering as " Allow the packets not specified by any filtering rules to pass through the device"
Enabled catch all rule Block INcoming: all LocalHosts, all WANhosts, IN, DENY, all protocols
Enabled rule Allow IN3389 LocalHosts3389 all WANHosts, IN, PERMIT, all protocols

I've configured the order so that catch all block rule comes last

The Problem

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It seems random. I am checking by using the ShieldsUp port checking site and using a laptop connecting to a 4G network Sometimes, I have to disable and then enable my main blocking rule several times before the change will take effect. I can't see any pattern and I am stumped.

Is this a known issue. Has anyone seen this behaviour before in a TP LINK router?

It's pretty annoying as the main reason I moved away from the Home Hub was to get a better firewall.

Amy assistance gratefully received
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 279

Replies: 0