TD-W9980 firewall issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W9980 firewall issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TD-W9980 firewall issue
TD-W9980 firewall issue
2016-12-03 23:42:52
Model : TD-W9980

Hardware Version : TD-W9980 v1 00000001

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 1.13 v0021.0 Build 160125 Rel.52064n

ISP : BT

I've set some firewall rules in order to limit the amount of time my kids are on the internet. The rules work well enough but I find that devices, including devices which are not controlled by the rules are disconnected on the hour.

This is incredibly frustrating when my son is playing a game on the xbox and it will disconnect on the hour, even though the firewall rule dictates that he should be connected. The xbox reconnects but by the time that happens, he will lose progress and have to restart a level or from a checkpoint which is a bit annoying.

Our TV does the same too, which again is annoying when Netflix is on...even more annoying when there are no rules set for the TV!

Is this by design or is there a way to prevent the router from disconnecting devices on the hour?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 0

Related Articles