Trouble connecting BT YouView box to the Archer VR900

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-10 21:01:34
Model : TP Link AC1900 VR900 (VDSL2 modem/router)

Hardware Version : Archer VR900 v1 00000001

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 1.4 v004c.0 Build 160316 Rel.44905n

ISP : BT Infinity 2

Hello, this may have been asked dozens of times, but I'm having difficulty connecting a YouView box to the Archer VR900.

Everything else picks up the WiFi signal - Androids, Hive, Chromecast etc, but the YouView box doesn't.
I'd turned off the box and unplugged it from the wall after I'd set up the Archer VR900 as well.

We used to have it set up on our old router/modem (not a BT hub) and it's MAC address was assigned to its own channel.

I've taken a look through the YouView settings and it just instructs me to go to the YouView website and search for YVM102 (no internet).

The YouView box is connected through BT's "Broadband Extender Flex" wall plug. The power and data light is on on the plug extender, but no light illuminated for the ethernet.

I've tried setting up the IPTV and asigned the LAN port the extender is connected to, would I need to get in touch with my ISP (BT) for the VPI and VCI parameters, or does the default numbers usually work?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Data now showing on BT Extender
2016-12-11 04:22:12
I made a very stupid error... I remembered there was another ethernet cable connected to the back of the modem before I'd changed they system and discovered it was the cable connected to the first BT Extender - it'd fallen down the back of the units.

It's now connected, the 'data' LED is now lit on the other second BT Extender (but not 'ethernet') in the lounge. Set IPTV to port LAN3 with the default settings; turned the YouView box off and on and still no connection!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 670

Replies: 1