Archer VR2600v set up with Deutsche Telekom Fibre (FTTH)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-21 03:39:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Good evening,

In our home we have Fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) provided by Deutsche Telekom. We have a fibre modem set up prior to the router. I have tried setting up the connection but it keeps telling me that the connection cannot be set up. The dial in details are definitely correct, I have checked them twice. I know the connection itself works because I tried setting it up with a AVM Fritzbox and got it to work.
I do however not wish to use the Fritzbox, but the Archer VR2600v.

Does anyone have experience setting ups the router with the Fibre connection? The tech support from Telekom told me the router need to be VLAN-compatible.
Any help with setting up the router would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer VR2600v set up with Deutsche Telekom Fibre (FTTH)
2017-03-04 03:49:12
Were you able to set this up? I'm currently facing the same issue. To me it looks like the configuration is correct (vlan id 7 etc) but the router cannot connect. I also want to get rid of my old fritz.box and so far only had good experience with the products of TP Link but this is driving me crazy at the moment
Options
2017-03-04 04:46:51
I don't know if you still have this problem but for me, with the VR900v it helped to set the operating mode to WLAN-Router. Open Advanced > Operating mode and select the third option. (Erweitert > Betriebsart). Then enter Advanced > Network > Internet
Find below the images with the screens from my settings. I guess it will be similar on your router

Options
2017-04-25 05:37:18
Hey guys...
Ibusch, did you find a solution for your problem?
Did buy my router in march just to find out, that there is this problem with Telekom FTTH... support hotline told me that they're working on a firmware update to fix this... that was 2 weeks ago...
I don't get it... this model is sold since over 6 month and they can't fix this?
Or am I just too dumb?

Greets... I'm open for any solution :D (I'm already thinking about returning it to the store)
Options
2017-04-25 14:35:01
Yes,I have Telekom FTTH and the solution I posted worked for me. Just connect the archer with your Telekom modem ( I guess you also have a modem from Telekom then?). and configure your router as WLAN-Router (to me it sounded strange). You can still enter your Telekom credentials.

It works absolutely fine for me. The 2600 and the 900 should be configurable in the same way, so I believe it should in that manner for you too. Btw. both routers are vlan compatible
Options
2017-04-30 01:42:25
so here is the problem, the 2600 has nowhere the option to check VLAN ID 7... only in dsl-mode... and tp-link wasn't able or willing to implement it after over 6 month of router-availability... so I sent it back to the reseller... and now I have to find another router somewhere else... no tp-link for me anymor Oo
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1885

Replies: 5

Related Articles