TL-PA4020P KIT issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-PA4020P KIT issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-PA4020P KIT issue
TL-PA4020P KIT issue
2016-12-25 04:48:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Bought a TL-PA4020P KIT today, plugged adaptors in, all the three lights lit up, I am on a 78mb connection, I have connected two computers as the unit has a dual port. On my own PC, my connection speed has slowed right down to 6.3 mbps. I also connected my sons gaming pc, his connection has slowed down to 12 mbps, which is faster than mine. However, as soon as I switch off my pc, his connection speed shoots up to 74/75 mbps. I have double checked and everything is connected it per instructions. If he switched off hos pc, my connection speed stays the same at around 6.3 mbps. I have an older, single port tp power line set which works fine and I get a decent 74/75 mbps connection. Something isnt right somewhere so any help or advice with this would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-PA4020P KIT issue
2017-01-01 03:38:16
Hello,
I have a similar problem with the TL-WPA4230P Kit Ver 1 although I am starting with a 9mb connection. Again the issue disappears when I replace them with the original Talk Talk single basic powerline adaptors. I bought them so that I could have 3 Ethernet outputs. Is it something to do with the settings in priority mapping? I have read the manual several times and can't make head nor tail of it, VLAN, CAP settings?
Any assistance would be much appreciated
Options