Can't connect my new VR900v to O2 provider (Germany)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-28 18:57:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am new and hope someone can help me as the German Support Hotline is off from 24th to 31st Dec!!! (Sorry, bad joke? Great start as new customer of TP Link!)My provider is 'O2 Germany' and I have the correct user name and password. At the moment I use another modem router and internet works. Just want to change to TP Link as I expect better performance in WLAN with the Archer.My problem is that whatever I try and although the connection is established and sync (55 Mbit Download) it won't connect with the provider. They do not support products that I did not buy from them. So only solution can come from you guys...Thanks in advance and let me know if additional information is needed.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't connect my new VR900v to O2 provider (Germany)
2016-12-29 15:20:06
Maybe you can try MAC clone
Options
2016-12-30 17:08:18
What is MAC clone?I am no technician just a normal user....Found in the Web that the Archer VR900v does NOT Support VoIP with my provider... Great. But at least internet should work!!! But how?Is there no official Support here?
Options
2017-01-05 19:00:26
By using MAC clone the router use the MAC adress you enter manually. Typically you enter the same MAC addres that your old moden/router had before so that the ISP wont see the Change.
You find the MAC clone in the Extened Configuration under Network/Internet and there you must edit the configuration.

But I don't think that this would help with O2 because MAC-Cloning is mostly used with Cable-Modems without authorisation.

with best regards

Thomas G.M. Mainka

So that was in bad english because this is an engilsh Forum - now in german because you and I are German:

MAC-Cloning ist ein Verfahren um die MAC-Adresse der Netzwerkkarte des alten Modems/Routers zu simulieren, so daß die Rechner von O2 meinen, du hättest noch das alte Gerät.

Du findest die Einstellung unter den Erweiterten Einstellungen bei Netwerk/Internet. Dort must Du bei der angelegten WAN-Verbindung auf Bearbeiten gehen (Icon mit dem Stift) und dort findest Du die MAC-Cloning Einstellungen ganz unten.

Allerdings kann ich mir nicht vorstellen, daß MAC-Cloning bei O2 wirklich nützt, da dieses Verfahren meines Wissens nur bei Direktanschlüssen mittels Kabel-Modem ohne eigener Authorisierung üblich ist.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas G.M. Mainka
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 847

Replies: 3

Related Articles