vr2600 ssh TOS issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

vr2600 ssh TOS issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
vr2600 ssh TOS issues
vr2600 ssh TOS issues
2017-01-10 05:08:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Like it says, the VR2600 is one of the routers that fails on what the openssh documentation describes as "A problem can arise when you are trying to connect from behind a NAT router using OpenSSH. During session setup, after the password has been given, OpenSSH sets the TOS (type of service) field in the IP datagram. Some routers are known to choke on this. The effect is that your session hangs indefinitely after you gave your password."
A netcat workaround is posted in the documentation, but this is rather silly for a router in this price bracket. My previous piece of junk (router) worked fine!
Is there anything I have missed in the router set-up?
Niels
Options
4 Reply
Re:vr2600 ssh TOS issues
2017-01-17 03:47:53
Hi - I have the same issue. I just bought this router and am very unhappy about the lack of ability to connect to remote ssh servers. It's terrible given the price of the router. I did find a workaround where you set the bandwidth in the router settings to the max - but this is ridiculous! I think I might be sending my router back.
Options
2017-01-21 04:01:26
Hi, I am also experiencing an issue with accessing remote SSH servers. This is a massive issue for me as I am on call to maintain my works server infrastructure! I am currently talking to TP-Link support and have a call with one of their engineers on Sunday to hopefully figure out what is going on.
Options
2017-01-25 19:45:42
i have also this issue. thanks to nwalet i was able to build up again a ssh connection.
Options
Fixed
2017-01-26 15:16:36
HiI spoke to support who gave me a beta firmware which fixed the ssh issues as well as the vpn issues I was having
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 811

Replies: 4

Related Articles