Archer D7 and PPPOE passthrough

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-11 19:33:47
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

Router details:

Firmware Version:1.6.0 0.9.1 v002d.0
Build 160216
Rel.57110n
Hardware Version:Archer D7 v1 00000001

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction here. My terminology may be incorrect as well.

About a week ago I bought this router to replace my aging D-Link 2750U. With that router I was able to have an ISP account configured and connected in the router itself, and I was able to dial up via Windows to a different account. I did this because of latency issues with my main account. It was a great way to switch accounts quickly.

This doesn't seem possible with the Archer D7 though. When I try dial up, I get a 651 error in Windows. It's like the router itself is rejecting it?

My Google-Foo has reached an end, there doesn't seem to be anyone with this router and this problem. I have scoured every single page in the router UI hoping to find some sort of setting to enable PPPOE passthrough, but alas I have failed.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do here? The only option at the moment is to manually log in, change my account details, and save. It's rather tedious in time sensitive situations.

Thanks a lot :)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer D7 and PPPOE passthrough
2017-01-12 00:11:18
Can you show me WAN Setup and Status tabs from D-link when you have internet access?
Options
Re:Archer D7 and PPPOE passthrough
2017-01-12 01:57:13
Oh dear, I'll have to get back to you. Need to plug the D-link back in to get that info.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 703

Replies: 2

Related Articles