How to configure VR900 (V1) for BT ADSL & BT YouView (BT Sport) ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-12 04:44:09
Model : VR900

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 160316

ISP : BT ADSL

I've just purchased a VR900 to replace my HH3 (HomeHub3). I've setup BT ADSL but am disappointed to find that BT YouView (BT Sport) does not work "out-of-the-box" (when choosing ISP as Bt_ADSL). I have latest firmware.

I'm getting the dreaded IPC 6023. Please note I have not enabled IPTV since I can't logistically have a dedicated cable running directly into a LAN port. I have a couple of 5-port switches between the VR900 and the BT YouView box. No problems with HH3-only with this arrangement.

I would be very grateful for any pointers. I've read elsewhere that this might only work for VDSL (not ADSL) or running in Wireless Router Mode (but I don't want to continue using HH3 as the ADSL modem). I have also read that it might be possible to setup an extra WLAN in bridge mode but without clear steps.

Has anyone successfully setup VR900 (V1) with BT Sport - using BT ADSL rather than BT Infinity/VDSL ?

Thanks.

UPDATE:

I have also tried putting back the HH3 and using VR900 in "Wireless Router" mode without luck :-(

I went back to HH3 only and BT YouView / BT Sport works ok again.

In summary:

(1) works ok: HH3 -> 5-port switch -> 5-port switch -> BT YouView
(2) does not work: VR900 (ADSL Modem mode)- > 5-port switch -> 5-port switch -> BT YouView
(2) does not work: HH3 -> VR900 (Wireless Router mode) -> 5-port switch -> 5-port switch -> BT YouView
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 0