TD-W8968 | Wifi kills Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-14 17:04:42
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I purchased this modem a few weeks ago and am having terrible issues with the stability of the Internet service. The issue sounds really strange, however I have tested various scenarios and can confirm that it is in fact a real issue. So here goes:

Scenario | Modem connected to ADSL and connected to PC using Ethernet
This works fine and I am getting 3,5Mbps download speed over a 4Mbps service, which is perfectly acceptable.

The problem starts manifesting itself as soon as I connect any wireless device to the router. If I connect my Samsung S7 Edge to it using the out of box Wifi settings, the Internet service on my PC stops working completely. I cannot browse and e download test fails completely. So connecting a mobile phone to the Wifi kills the internet on the PC

If disconnect the mobile phone and connect my Laptop (HP Laptop) the laptop is connected and can brows, but very slow. With the laptop connected, but not actively using the network (checked the Network Interface stats), I run a download test on the PC (which is connected via Ethernet to the router), my download speed test suddenly only achieves 1 Mbps.

So I am completely baffled as to why the moment I connect any wireless device the service stops working the way it should, especially the mobile phone issue??
Options
1 Reply
Re:TD-W8968 | Wifi kills Internet
2017-01-16 11:47:37
Is Sumsung S7 downloading files when you connect it?
If it's downloading files,other devices will have very low Internet speed.
And some software will download in backround,maybe you didn't notice it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 518

Replies: 1

Related Articles