Archer C3150 5G disconnecting all the time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C3150 5G disconnecting all the time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
75 Reply
Re:Archer C3150 5G disconnecting all the time
2017-02-07 13:41:50

NorCalRailRoadGuy wrote

Okay, I've disabled security for 5 Ghz, I will run it like that all day and see what happens.
Well, I've left security off of 5 Ghz all day, and not one issue with it dropping or disconnecting has come up. Hopefully this helps, and you can get this resolved quickly, because I really don't want to leave my network unsecured any longer than necessary.
Options
2017-02-08 00:16:37
I also tried to go without encryption for a few minutes and saw improved connection time in 2.4 GHz and faster internet access (as the guy up there already tried 5 GHz). I don't have time to do a long test yet on both bands, will try when I do.
Options
2017-02-08 21:37:26
Are there any updates on this?
Options
2017-02-13 23:09:15

NorCalRailRoadGuy wrote

Are there any updates on this?

Yea, or nay?
Options
2017-02-15 09:54:06
Any updates, TP Link?
Options
2017-02-15 14:25:43

Semero wrote

Any updates, TP Link?

They suddenly went quiet, I hope that's a sign they're working on this, and not them dodging the issue.
Options
2017-02-15 14:38:04

NorCalRailRoadGuy wrote

They suddenly went quiet, I hope that's a sign they're working on this, and not them dodging the issue.

Hello,
We are now tracking this issue. Not sure whether it's related to the client devices. Any update will post here.
And could you please tell me how many wifi devices connected to the router? Including the modem No. of the devices and the model No. of the wifi network adapters on the devices.
In addition, the network map of your home network would be also appreciate as it will help locate this issue. Thanks.
Options
2017-02-20 12:39:30

tplink wrote

Hello,
We are now tracking this issue. Not sure whether it's related to the client devices. Any update will post here.
And could you please tell me how many wifi devices connected to the router? Including the modem No. of the devices and the model No. of the wifi network adapters on the devices.
In addition, the network map of your home network would be also appreciate as it will help locate this issue. Thanks.

It is affecting all devices equally, so I doubt it's the devices. I have 2 Windows laptops, 2 Windows desktops, 4 Android tablets and several Android phones accessing the router via WiFi, the rest of my devices connect via Gigabit Ethernet (attached to a 16 port TP-Link gigabit switch). Thanks for keeping us updated.
Options
Same issue with Archer C3200
2017-02-25 07:31:12
I have Archer C3200(US)_V1_160704

I've been having the same issues as OP and subsequent posters.

Initially when using Smart Connect, it only affected my wife's samsung galaxy note 5 with continuous and unexplainable disconnects.

Now, I've stopped using Smart Connect, split all three bands onto their own SSID and set the protocol to AC only. (her phone will still get disconnected but not as often as before) More recently on 5G-1, I expanded the protocal to include all available (I believe A-N-AC) so that I could connect my DirecTV receiver to 5G and now I'm having issues with my Droid Turbo 2 phone where I go to it and its disconnected and sometimes won't reconnect on 5g-1 unless I reboot the router.

Other devices that we interact with (ie webcam) that are in the 2.4ghz band don't seem to be having any of these issues.

All devices mentioned that are connecting to the 5ghz bands (excluding DirecTV receiver) are MIMO enabled.

Looking forward to a resolution as disabling security on these bands is not really an option.
Options
Same Issue
2017-02-25 21:40:27
I'm having the same issue, but mine seems to crash after only about 20 minutes and it also renders the router UI unusable until reboot. Did anyone find any resolution other than turning off encryption?
Options
Related Articles