How do I connect Softphone/SIP client to the Archer VR600V?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-27 00:02:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I would like to use a SIP/Softphone client on my PC, similar to the tpphone app that is supplied for Android/iOS. Is there a tpphone for PC, is it possible to connect an existing software like LinPhone up so it connects through the router (and can ideally use the router's address books etc.)?

If yes, what does need setting up how?

I've searched, but mostly found information on routing SIP traffic out to an external provider - this is not really what I'm looking for.

Grateful for any help,
Eddy
Options
2 Reply
Re:How do I connect Softphone/SIP client to the Archer VR600V?
2017-02-08 01:44:49
If you want a simple SIP Client for Windows, then I would suggest Phoner Lite.

But my experience (with the Archer VR900V) was, that I had to disable the VOIP functions (especially the SIP_ALG in the Advanced/NAT/ALG Folder) to get this program connecting to the SIP-Server.

AFAIK the TP-LINK won't have the feature (like the Fritzbox) that you can connect both at the same time: IP-Phones AND Analog/DECT-Phones
(This was no Problem for me, because I'm using a Grandstream SIP-Phone behind the router, BUT it might be a problem for you)

With best regards

Thomas G.M. Mainka

Sorry for my bad English but my native language is German.
Options
Re:How do I connect Softphone/SIP client to the Archer VR600V?
2017-02-08 15:50:11
Hallo Thomas,

vielen Dank für dein Feedback. Ja, ich habe DECT-Telefone im Einsatz, die sollen auch weiter funktionieren. Daher war eine meiner Fragen, ob es so etwas wie die tpphone App, die ich auf meinem Handy laufen habe, auch für den PC gibt (habe bisher nichts finden können), da ich auch von zuhause aus arbeite und ein Headset am PC hier der komfortabelste Weg ist (und mit Linphone und der alten Fritz!Box auch gut funktioniert hat).

Wie es aussieht, werde ich dann wohl doch in eine etwas teurere Fritz!Box investieren müssen, wenn es hier keine sinnvolle Lösung für den vr200v gibt.

Nette Grüße
Eddy
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1765

Replies: 2