Archer D2 - remote management fails with other DDNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-03 17:01:11
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have just bought a new Archer D2.

I have experienced the following problem: I am unable to access in remote management when I use the DDNS of my Synology.
I explain better:
I have setup the router correctly for the remote management. In my network I have a Synology NAS with its DDNS service running.
Also with my old router, I was able to login to the router just using the alias XXXXXXX.synology.me

With the new Tp-link when I try to connect from the WAN, I get the login screen, so the public IP is mapped correctly (but without the TP-LINK logo, strange).

after I insert my psw I have only a blank page.

If I use the same DDNS to access to my synology NAS, using the port forwarding configured in the TP-LINK, I am able to access to the NAS without any problem.

In addition to that, I created another DDNS using NO-IP, and configured directly into the new router.
Now using the alias xxxxxx.ddns.net I am able to enter correctly.

In addition, if I point directly to the PUBLIC IP, I can enter correctly into the router.

Summarizing, I am able to access the remote management, but only using the PUBLIC IP, or the alias from NO-IP, but I cannot access using the alias from Synology DDNS.

Anyone can help me on this issue?
Thank you for your support.

PS: I can see in Advanced->Network->Internet two WAN interfaces configured:
br_8_35_0
pppoe_8_35_1_d

is it normal? I have an ADSL line, and the configuration of the TP-LINK for the DSL has been done using the router wizard.
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer D2 - remote management fails with other DDNS
2017-02-03 21:58:55
Firmware Version:1.4.0 0.8.0 v003e.0 Build 160216 Rel.55536n

Hardware Version:Archer D2 v1 00000001
Options
2017-02-04 17:10:28
Have you checked it on the another internet browser ?
Options
2017-02-04 20:04:34
Yes. Same behavior with internet explorer, chrome and Firefox
Options
2017-02-05 00:19:51
I don't have more ideas in your case. Mayby this is bug in firmware. Have you tried contact with TP-LINK support in your country?
Options
2018-01-29 03:50:43
Hi piffrob, all,
I'm glad I found this thread, as I have exactly the same problem. And no solution yet.
I can access the router perfectly fine with the public IP adress, and everything works great.
When I use my ddns.net dynamic dns url, obtained from noip.com, I see a different login screen (no TP-Link Logo on it), and after log-in, I also see the white page with a white square on the upper left. Exactly as shown in the screenshots further up in this thread.
In my case, I've had the TP-Link Archer D2 for over a year now, and everything was fine, I didn't have the problem. Last week, an unauthorized f*****g idiot had the idea of hard resetting the router. After I had everything back running, I found this strange behaviour.
Would be great to get any feedback that helps to solve the issue.
What makes things worse: The router is in a house in Spain, while I'm in Munich/Germany...
Thanks for any feedback!
Options
2019-01-21 01:45:37

Same problem with archer d7 ac1750

I hope it may solve the problem, i think its a bug.

Other model like tp link tl-wr841n is okay. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1341

Replies: 6

Related Articles