Forwarded ports not accessible over the internet on TD-W8960N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-05 01:19:08
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello everyone,

I have two routers, A and B (TL-WR841N). A is where my ADSL is configured and B is bridged to A, repeating its wireless signal. I have a NAS connected to B via ethernet with DDNS setup so I can access some NAS apps on the go. After forwarding the ports on A I was able to access my NAS apps on the go from anywhere thanks to DDNS but I replaced my old router A with a TD-W8960N and even though both routers in my setup are tplink now port forwarding is not working as it should. I have setup virtual servers under nat for all the ports I need but for some reason I'm not able to see the apps outside of my local network. The weird thing is that 'service' ports for skype, bt, etc are being forwarded as expected some even automatically thanks to UPnP but I'm not able to connect to the app themselves from the internet. Not even the SSH ports are shown. When I go to my ddns url it seems that a barebone router UI is shown ( http://i.imgur.com/RSVuobW.png) asking me to log in but once I enter my credentials it shows a lot of unavailable resources instead of the admin UI ( http://i.imgur.com/3SNQC9A.png). It seems the router is not sending any kind of app data over the net but I don't know why if I'm forwarding the ports correctly. What is the problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Forwarded ports not accessible over the internet on TD-W8960N
2017-02-13 03:00:03
Interesting, it seems that the port forwarding does work from outside my network using the ddns url but not while I'm inside of it (this does work using the local net addresses though). If I try to access the forwarded ports from my phone's internet service using the ddns url I do get the expected response but that isn't the case from inside my network, inside my network I have to use the local address. This didn't use to be the case with the old router, what could be the issue?
Options
2017-02-23 05:06:31
Hi

Today I faced exactly the very same issue here, I configured the virtual service (into NAT menu) to map the external 1234 port to the 22 port of an machine which is inside my network and I couldn't connect to it. I try both the ddns address and the IP which this ddns resolves to, It didn't work. I will try reconfigure It tomorrow and try to access but from the outside. If I can confirm this behavior, It is ok, but It is odd nevertheless.

Thanks for the tip.
Options
2017-02-23 07:57:18

mtruchado wrote

Hi

Today I faced exactly the very same issue here, I configured the virtual service (into NAT menu) to map the external 1234 port to the 22 port of an machine which is inside my network and I couldn't connect to it. I try both the ddns address and the IP which this ddns resolves to, It didn't work. I will try reconfigure It tomorrow and try to access but from the outside. If I can confirm this behavior, It is ok, but It is odd nevertheless.

Thanks for the tip.

If you have the same router and the same hardware version that I have (v4) then you will be out of luck. After several days of back and forth with tech support they told me that this is not possible on it because the nat loopback wasn't implemented for PPPoA. This router is also no longer supported so they couldn't do anything about it. More info here: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?39436-is-NAT-Loopback-supported-on-this-router-(TD-W8960N-V4)&p=179343&viewfull=1#post179343
Options
2017-02-24 22:47:29
Mine is V7, brand new, I will let you know when I get access again to it, probably next week.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1159

Replies: 4