VR2600v and VR900v

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VR2600v and VR900v

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VR2600v and VR900v
VR2600v and VR900v
2017-02-21 12:38:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello my dears,

I bought the VR900v more than a year ago. Since I bought it, I had issues to synchronize it with the recommended GigaSet A540 CAT phones. After several firmware update, the buges aren't fixed and the support really drives me crazy. Seems like they all blame it on my setup and the HW works perfectly. I totally disagree. My ISP in the past was Deutsche Telekom, than I switched to o2 and even when I use other VoIP vendors, it's not working in the expected way. When someone trys to call me, only every 5th call really rings. I noticed that when I turn the phones off and on, it sometimes solves the problem. Seems like the DECT synchronization with the handsets has some issues. Nevertheless, in most cases, it's not possible to call someone with the handsets. It's more like waiting more than a minute before it starts to call and sometimes it's a never ending story and may smartphone don't get any incoming calls. Your VoIP and DECT issues really sucks, especially because I report them more than a year and you guys are to dumb for bugfixes. Seems like you aren't interested in investing money to solve your more than buggy SW - that's not what customers expect from a company which proclaims to be the no1 in network solutions. Even when I use the tpPhone App on my smartphone, I don't get any notification about incoming calls. As I wrote in earlier emails to the support, sometimes only one of 5 handsets are ringing, sometimes none and sometimes they don't stop ringing for hours even if the other side stopped calling you or if someone already accepted a call. The idea to only set up one handset wasn't a solution, because in that situation you have less success to reach someone.

Anyway, when I use the same handsets with my AVM FB 7490, then it's working. The issue I have with the AVM product simply is that the network performance isn't that high. But it really doesn't make sense to use the VR900v. So I bought the VR2600v a half year ago. Since that, it's a total disaster. The VR2600v has a lot of issues and the failure rate is high. It drops a lot of packages, has issues to connect to the ISP correctly so that it doesn't find the DNS of o2 and even when I set up the Google DNS manually, it's not possible to reach web pages. I report those bugs all the time without that someone is working on a solution. Why? Do you guys really have issues to hire some experts for solving your SW problems? The VR2600v by the way has the same phone problems than the VR900v. Incoming calls only work in less than 10% and outgoing calls really is a lucky thing. Either it works or not - and in most cases it's not working. I can't be the only customer with those issues, aren't there other people reporting the same stuff all the time? Why is TP Link not working on solutions? I invited you guys all the time to send some tech people - and that wasn't a joke. You guys can get food for free at my house. It really seems like you don't trust me but noone wants to make a picture of it. I'm not kidding, all the problems I described are for real and aren't the case with products from other companies. That you guys have issues with the VoIP and DECT functionallity, okay, seems like you really don't have experts for it, but how is it possible to sell Modems nowadays with DNS problems and packet lose? That's unbelievable and insane! Seems like someone has to explain TP Link what maintenance means and why you should test products before selling them.That's awkward and ridiculous, guys! I'm not wondering why the reputation of TP-Link sucks, it's not that customers destroy it, it's more like if you destroy it yourself when you aren't working on solution for old bugs and treat customers as they were dumb instead.

Thanks
Martin
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 377

Replies: 0

Related Articles