Port Forwarding for IP Webcams- MOdel TD-W9970

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-22 01:32:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

After my ISP provided router went on the blink today, I bought a TD-W9970 router. I use port forwarding to allow 8 webcams I have in boarding kennels to be accessible by clients to see their dogs while on vacation. Cmpared to my old Thomson router, the port forwarding and setting for the webcams is a nightmare.

With my old router, I would open up what was called "Game and Application sharing" I would create 8 new games/applications (which is the names of each of the suites the dogs stay in) The application would also be given a 4 figured port number (which I had configured in each camera). I would the assign each application to the ip address of a specific camera. This would then allow me to see the camera on my own home network and clients to login to view the cameras from anywhere in the world.

I can see no similarities to this process in the TP link router. Can anyone point me in the direction of clear step by step instructions on how to do this.

Cheers

Jim
Options
1 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding for IP Webcams- MOdel TD-W9970
2017-02-26 00:54:36
Do you have public IP address on the WAN interface?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 1