Unable to manage a cascaded TD-W9980 routed via EWAN emotely

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-23 17:22:55
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

puzzling issue here...let me elaborate.

i have a small home network managed by a primary TP-Link modem / router, the TD-W8980. I added a secondary TP-Link wireless modem router setup in wireless router mode using the EWAN port method for cascading routers in order to enable a bandwidth restricted Guest WiFi network with isolation from the primary LAN's devices and everything works brilliantly with regards to internet access.

The primary TD-W8980 modem / router is using a LAN IP of 192.168.1.1, whereas the secondary TD-W9980 ** router ** has a WAN IP of 192.168.1.10 and a LAN address of 192.168.2.1. The issue comes in when trying to access the secondary's router management page..it just doesn't work properly. So far I have tried enabling the remote management http service to port 50001 on it and forwarding that port through the primary router to the secondary's LAN one (i.e. port 50001 to 192.168.1.10 on the primary router). Indeed when accessing the IP remotely to that particular port (xx.xx.xx.xx:50001) I'm greeted by a 'half-baked' WebUI page that asks for the credentials. By half-baked I mean that the UI is missing several of the graphics, yet only displays the colours and input fields. However upon credential input all I see on the second page is a rectangular broken-graphic-placeholder and nothing more. The web inspector reports all sorts of broken stuff and that javascripts/css/htmls on the page are 403 - forbidden.

TL&DR. The cascaded (EWAN) router works in that all connected devices can get to the internet, WiFi Guest network works fine, but I can no longer access it's management page remotely. Is there another way to get to it remotely? The primary modem / router's management page is accessible just fine. It's also worth mentioning that swapping places renders the other device's webUI inaccesible in the exact same way.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Now serving finite customer via f(x)=AirTime/∞ on the 5Ghz band :-/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 330

Replies: 0

Related Articles