TP link TD-W8980 Not working after frimware upgrade Bricked? Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-23 20:17:31
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

Hoping someone can help.
I was upgrading the firmware to the official tplink version and something went wrong (I'm usually good at these things)

Now all I get is the Power and the larger Wifi LEDs lighting up. If I connect an ethernet cable from my laptop to the W8980 the relevant W8980 LAN port lights up but the laptop cannot identify the router so I cannot access the management page.

I've tried the reset hole and I've chatted online with teh support but as I cannot get to the management page of the router they say they can;t help.

When I hold reset down and power up there is a flash after around 5 secs but still goes back to the 2 LEDs.

I've looked on the forums and tried using TFTPd32 server like the tplink routers but I cant get the router to respond.

I'm hoping that someone has come across this problem as I dont want to buy a new modem/router.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP link TD-W8980 Not working after frimware upgrade Bricked? Help
2017-03-25 02:02:24
Options
2017-03-25 05:13:13

jimasek wrote

Hi thanks.

I have tried that but I can't get anything to appear on the log viewer. I've tried IP addresses .0.66, .1.66, .0.86, .1.86 and none worked. I don't know how to assign 192.168.0.66 /24
if that will make any difference?

Any thoughts on nothing appearing in the log viewer as I don't think the hard reset is working as all I get is the Power LED and 5GHz wifi LED on solid then about 10secs later all lights flash and then back to the 2 solid LEDs.
Options
2017-03-30 21:36:23
Just an update.I haven't resolved the issue but I switched the router on today to see if I could have another crack at it, and the 2.4wifi led started flashing and would appear when scanning for networks.I tried to connect to the router using wifi and default password but it would not connect. Also tried using my phone but it wouldn't connect.Using ethernet it kept coming up with 'unidetified network' and could not logon to router admin page. The ethernet LED on the router wa litAny help would be appreciated.Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 959

Replies: 3

Related Articles