Archer C7 dropping Internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-09 18:55:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

my Archer C7 dropping the internet connection multiple times a day. The Webinterface is not reachable and after a reboot it works until the connection drops again.

The newest firmware is installed.

Is there any solution for this Probelm? I tried many things, but nothing helps.
Options
14 Reply
Re:Archer C7 dropping Internet connection
2017-04-11 15:33:02
I regret so much that i bought this router, because all my Router's can choose only b/g or N for itself, and that's why it dropps connection and it's slow.

Just read on google, milion of users that complain about slow speed and dropping connecton, but the Archer support does not want to fix this i guess, they do not care much about their customer.
I regret i bought a Archer 7 router :(
Options
2017-04-11 18:20:04
Which date is firmware from ?
Options
2017-04-12 00:55:24
I'm having almost this exact same problem.

Firmware Version: 3.15.1 Build 160719 Rel.57530n
Hardware Version: Archer C7 v2 00000000

I just upgraded the firmware a few weeks ago in an effort to fix it. I have no idea why this started, but I want to fix it badly. I affects our laptop, mobile phones, and wireless security cameras, but interestingly it seems to have a negligible affect on our Rokus.

Admins: Any idea what the problem is or when it will be fixed?
Options
2017-04-12 14:07:16
[/SIZE][SIZE=6]It is because of mixed mode - b/g/n. In my Asus router i could choose only b/g or N-mode for itself.When i had N-mode for itself it never dropped Internet connection or was slow.

gcwyatt wrote

I'm having almost this exact same problem.

Firmware Version: 3.15.1 Build 160719 Rel.57530n
Hardware Version: Archer C7 v2 00000000

I just upgraded the firmware a few weeks ago in an effort to fix it. I have no idea why this started, but I want to fix it badly. I affects our laptop, mobile phones, and wireless security cameras, but interestingly it seems to have a negligible affect on our Rokus.Admins: Any idea what the problem is or when it will be fixed?
Options
2017-04-13 02:21:05
I have it to the Archer C7 v2, but not disconnected problem, but i have complained about the possibility to change to only N.Hopefully in the next firmware.
Options
2017-04-13 20:41:00
I have also complain about this, and still complain but they e-mailed me today and said that they will not change to only N-mode, because they don't think this is what causing the slow down for me, which is exactly the issue.
But then when i test in my other Router that ONLY use N-mode, then everything wors PERFECTLY and the Wifi speed is great.
Options
2017-04-13 23:30:08
To bad that TP-Link is offer that option ....I don't need to work in b/g mode... i want ONLY N !!!!
Come on tplink give us that option . not that hard. Almost every router has it !
Options
Re:Re:Archer C7 dropping Internet connection
2019-01-18 23:33:40

Hello, did you manage to fix the issue somehow? Thanks

timi wrote

To bad that TP-Link is offer that option ....I don't need to work in b/g mode... i want ONLY N !!!!
Come on tplink give us that option . not that hard. Almost every router has it !

Options
2021-01-01 14:32:29 - last edited 2021-01-03 08:51:41

I am having the exact same problem.

I have wired and wireless devices connected to my Archer C7 v4 (Firmware Version 1.0.8 Build 20190411 rel.65590(4555)).

Occasionally wifi stops responding. On my iphone, under wifi connection, it states 'no internet connection.' Internet stops working for my wireless and wired devices. The router admin page is not reachable via either the wired or wirless devices so I have to power off the router manually and power it back on. This clears the issue and the wifi becomes available again including the admin login page.

This happens intermittently. I don't think I can extract the correct logs from the router as when I goto the logs page, the logging appears to begin from when the router was restarted.

Can anyone help with this issue? TP-link?

Options
2021-01-04 06:44:32

@Makaveeti 

Have you tried to reset the C7 to factory defaults by holding the reset button on it until all LEDs flash off then on, then reconfigure it from scratch, leave all the advanced settings by default? If not yet, give it a try.

BTW, when and where did you purchase it? Was it working fine before?

How many devices are connected to the C7, wired and wirelessly?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3262

Replies: 14

Related Articles