Archer C7 dropping Internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 dropping Internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Archer C7 dropping Internet connection
2021-01-04 09:32:16

@Kevin_Z 

Yes I tried a factory reset. This didn't clear the issue.

i purchased the router direct from TP-Link in Novemeber 2017. Yes it was working fine before. To be honest many years ago I purchased a v1 router, then v2 then v4.

I was happy with the c4 until I noticed this issue which is abit of a let down.

5 wired devices connected to the router

- Additional Router (Archer C7)

- PC

- Surface pro

- TV

- Mini PC game box

- 3 iPhone 7s

- Occasional use of surface pro in wireless mode

- Sonos play 1 network speaker

The router is great but causes slot of inconvenience for me and my family when the connection drops.

The warranty ran out on my router just over 1 month ago :( 

is there anything you can do for me?

Options
2021-01-04 12:06:03

@Makaveeti 

Do you mean there are another Archer C7 in the network? Does it also have the same behavior? What if you swap the two, will the issue persists?

Meanwhile, you may try only one C7, and disconnect Sonos play 1 network speaker/Mini PC game box from the network to test it the C7 still freeze.

You can also try to disable the NAT boost on the C7, reboot it and reconnect to the network to monitor.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-04 12:43:56 - last edited 2021-01-04 13:59:05

@Kevin_Z 

Yes. The other archer c7 is used with DHCP switched off. It does not show the issue as it is used as a switch/access point.

I did swap both routers and the issue did happen intermittently. It can happen randomly and then not happen for weeks but then it can occur again. There is usually a long delay until it happens again.

The gamebox is switched off 90% of the time and hardly gets any use. The sonos is also sparingly used and is mostly in stand by mode.

What effect does disabling NAT boost have?

Also when I check the logs to check for any errors after a reboot, I cannot see the events leading up the reboot. The only logs I see are after the reboot has taken place.

Is there any way to access the logs before the reboot occurs?

This appears to be a known issue. The person in this thread has the same issue - https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/177842

Options
2021-01-05 06:24:11

@Makaveeti 

NAT Boost is also called NAT Acceleration on some other brands, you may check this.

You can try to disable it and monitor if it can improve the situation.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Related Articles