Archer C7 and external HDDs via USB

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-11 11:21:24
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Can anyone provide feedback about connecting external storage via the USB port on an Archer C7 router? Is it reliable? What hard drive models, capacity are you using?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 and external HDDs via USB
2019-04-23 23:46:00

I have a similar concern.

I connected 2TB HDD at USB1 and Proraid HD box (consists of 2TB HDD x 4) at USB2.

2TB at USB1 is recognized and no problem accessing it.

At USB2, I can only see 1st and 2nd HDD (so total of only 4TB) HDD. 3rd and 4th HDD are not shown.

Thus, I assume there is HD size limit per USB interface, but I could not find the information about USB limitation.

This makes me unhappy because my old ASUS had no issue supporting all my external HDD.

It may be related to the type of format of HDD but hopefully tp-link explain this limitation.

Options
Re:Re:Archer C7 and external HDDs via USB
2019-04-25 06:34:53

Hi,

What is the hardware version of the Archer C7? Below is the instruction:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/46/

Whatis the format of the HDD? Does password need to access the Box? 

Meanwhile, how do you access the HDD? Could you please show us a screenshot. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day.

Ottarwalk wrote

I have a similar concern.

I connected 2TB HDD at USB1 and Proraid HD box (consists of 2TB HDD x 4) at USB2.

2TB at USB1 is recognized and no problem accessing it.

At USB2, I can only see 1st and 2nd HDD (so total of only 4TB) HDD. 3rd and 4th HDD are not shown.

Thus, I assume there is HD size limit per USB interface, but I could not find the information about USB limitation.

This makes me unhappy because my old ASUS had no issue supporting all my external HDD.

It may be related to the type of format of HDD but hopefully tp-link explain this limitation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2198

Replies: 2