AV600 Powerline kit (UK) turning off Wifi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-25 04:23:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello everyone, I have bought this powerline kit from a company in the UK

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/powerline/tp-link-av600-wireless-powerline-adapter-kit-twin-pack-10149297-pdt.html

Everything seemed to be working well, except when I connect two ethernet cable to the adapters. When I do this, it knocks out my wi-fi signal until I disconnect one of the cables. I thought that this kit was supposed to service two ethernet connections at the same time? The device that the cable are connected to don't even have to be on (or the other adapter, for that matter!) to play havoc with the wi-fi. I even upgraded to CAT6 ethernet cables, but to no avail.

My router is a Virgin Media Superhub 3 - many thanks in advance ;)
Options
2 Reply
Similar problems
2017-04-28 17:18:46
I just bought the same kit, also on Virgin media. When you say you have 2 ethernet cables plugged in, does that include the one to the powerline unit?.
I have one to the tp link, and another to a bt powerline box. The problem I had was with wifi, where they both refused to clone the wireless settings, so I eneded up with the vm router plus 2 tp link hotspots, and it was all a bit flaky. I downloaded the app from the tp-link website so that I could log into the units seperately, and change the ssid and pw to match the VM router ones, once rebooted they now show as a single ssid and seem to be working, except that I can no longer access the 5g wifi band.
The 2 ethernet ports on the units are in use and working fine which is good though.
Options
Re:AV600 Powerline kit (UK) turning off Wifi?
2017-04-28 17:31:55
Sorry, I just reread your post, you are saying that you can't have 2 ethernets in the adapter not the router...
As I mentioned, in one adapter I have a pc and a ps4, in the other I have a sky box and a smart tv, which are all working fine, so it sounds like you have a fault maybe?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4461

Replies: 2

Related Articles