TD-W9977 in bridge mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W9977 in bridge mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TD-W9977 in bridge mode
TD-W9977 in bridge mode
2017-04-26 04:21:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone,After months of troubleshooting I thought I would share my experience with the TD-W9977.I purchased this modem/router in preparation for the new NBN (Australia).I was experiencing frequent drops outs (between 5 mins and 10hrs) when using the TD-W9977 with either a Netgear R7000, D-Link 2890AL or an Airport Express.After going back and forward with tech support and not getting anywhere, I read on a forum that you should put the TP-Link on a different subnet. I had already turned off the DHCP server, even though it shouldn't be issuing IP's in bridge mode.My belief is that "bridge mode" on the TD-W9977 is not a true bridge mode and may still be maintaining control of some services. I also believe the disconnects were being caused by the renewal of a DHCP lease on my router/s. After changing the subnet, I haven't had any disconnections.Although this may seem like common sense to many of you, I thought I would share what I have learned. Cheers.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TD-W9977 in bridge mode
2017-08-18 17:37:39
Thanks for that info. I just purchased a W9977 to do the same thing.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1263

Replies: 1

Related Articles