PVCx / Virtual Circuits?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

PVCx / Virtual Circuits?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
PVCx / Virtual Circuits?
PVCx / Virtual Circuits?
2017-04-27 21:48:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

What is the purpose of the Virtual Circuit configuration?

When my TD-W8961N is configured by the wizard, all the PVCs are setup and enabled, but PVC4 is setup for my ASDL (PPPoE) connection the rest have various parameters for an RFC 1483 service and are all "Up" but I doubt they are actually used.

I thought that I could easilly use this to configure multiple PPPoE connections, each with different credentials, as my ISP has test credentials that can be used for diagnosing issues, and it would seem to be easier to just switch an active PVC that to edit my working one, especially when I am worried I don't actually remember my connections real credentials :P

Nonetheless I cannot setup two PVCs with the same VPI/VCI so that doesn't seem the intended use at all.

Is there any reason I need to have all these PVCs setup? Or can I just move my PPPoE onto PVC0 as thats the one that displays by default anyway?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 429

Replies: 0

Related Articles