VR200 and WAN Configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-05 04:39:27
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi at all,
i'm new on this forum.
I've just bought my new ADLS Wireless Router TP-Link VR200 and I want connect it with an external adsl antenna.
The ethernet cable (internet) is connected to the WAN port.
I tried to make the wizard configuration but this ask me if I want configure and ADLS or VDSL. If I try to continue choosing one of this the wizard say to me that internet doesn't work (I think that this wizard is dedicated id i have the RJ11 cable connected to the switch but is not my case),
I don't need this, I want configure the WAN port por manage the internet connection that come from the external ADSL antenna.

Actually I'm using TP-Ling WR741N and works fine.

Please help me.

Thank you.
Nicola

Options
2 Reply
Re:VR200 and WAN Configuration
2017-05-09 02:47:02
[Resolved]
I've configured the Router with the main configuration : " Wireless Router Mode"

Regards,
Options
Re:VR200 and WAN Configuration
2017-05-17 18:39:11
There is no need a dual wan. What you need is to open a port on router A (SSH) for example, so you can access it from anywhere, including your LAN B network. However, this is not recommended, as anyone can try to break in. You can filter trafic with iptables, and allow only LAN B public IP to access, but it would be hard to maintain if you have a dynamic IP.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 611

Replies: 2

Related Articles