TP LINK AC750 (RE210) resets/turn's off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-13 18:39:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model : AC750 WiFi Range Extender Model No. RE210

Hardware Version : RE210 v1 00000000

Firmware Version : 3.14.2 Build 160623 Rel.43391n

Hello everyone,
I have a very strange and frustrating problem with my Wifi extender. The mode it's set up is High Speed Mode 2 (
Connect to the router/AP on 5GHz only and connect to WiFi clients on 2.4GHz only.). The 5Ghz signal strength is around 70%.

Everything works as it should (got my PC connected through cable to this and I connect to extended wifi using my phone) but very often (a couple times a day) the extender keeps turning off. The only LED that is lit is the last one and the signal drops. I have to unplug this and plug this again. Then it connects and everything is back to normal state untill it turns off again.

It's not the fault of my original wifi network that it's connected to. It's up all the time.

So what's wrong with it? Is it a faulty unit?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP LINK AC750 (RE210) resets/turn's off
2021-12-01 20:10:07

@Paul_P I have the exact same issue. My TP AC750 extender is connected to my PS5 via ethernet cable. At least once a day it just turns off and I need to unplug and replug it. I am problably returning it and buying a repeater from another brand. 

Options
Re:TP LINK AC750 (RE210) resets/turn's off
2021-12-03 09:13:56

Hello @GB_G 

Can you help describe the Led status on range extender when issue happen? 
Here are some tips you could give it a try: 
1. Try a different wall outlet, double check if there is any bad contact
2. Try a factory reset  on range extender:
RESET: with RE powered on, use a pin to push reset hole until all the Led flash once

If still the same, may I how long you have been using this extender, if the extender has been working fine for a long time, you could contact retailer or local support to check warranty. If it is a pretty new device, can I know the Model/Hardware version/Mac and SN number of your extender, (you could share via private message) Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1034

Replies: 2

Related Articles