Archer D7: Loss of WIFI Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-17 18:16:27
Model : Archer D7

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 0.5 v002d.0 Build 140225 Rel.37189n

ISP :

Hi all, I would like to ask you about a problem I'm facing in the company I work for.

We have setup a TP-Link Archer D7 in Wireless router modem (F.W: 0.9.1 0.5 v002d.0 Build 140225 Rel.37189n , HW Ver.: Archer D7 v1 00000000 ).
Sometimes the WIFI signal looses connectivity. In detail, the WIFI SSID still appears on our PC's available connection, but we have no functionality (neither internet nor LAN connections) if we were already connected to it, otherwise we have no ability to connect at all for devices that weren't connected to it.
The only solution is to reboot the modem router. Is there a proper way to fix this?

Thanks very much in advance
Archer D7 v1 00000000
Options
5 Reply
Troubleshooting the Loss of WIFI Connection
2017-08-21 18:40:58
I have been having the same problem with wireless connection

If you go to control panel - network connections - right-click on the wireless connection and choose Properties.
click on the Configure button - under "Power Management" there was a tick in a box beside the comment "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
I removed the tick and saved.

Since doing that my connection has not dropped off once.

Well some other reasons you are facing this issue are:

1)Your Router Is Overburdened By Heavy Network Use :
your router may be working fine but is just not the right match for your networking needs. Don’t limit your internet use because your router can’t handle it

2)Your Wi-Fi Signal Is Weak or Doesn’t Extend Far Enough:
Wi-Fi connections can easily drop when the connected device is located near the edge of your network’s wireless signal range.

Upgrading your router to one that is more powerful can definitely help you.

Well you can get more information about WIFI connection at:
https://zappedia.com/wifi-internet-connection/

3)You’ve Got Too Much Wireless Interference:
Your router isn’t the only device in your house emitting a signal. Several household items like Bluetooth devices, microwaves, TVs and cordless phones are pumping out radio signals that can interfere with your Wi-Fi network signal when they are in use.

Moving your router away from devices like these is an easy solution

4)Your Firmware or Drivers Need An Update:
Your computers connect to a Wi-Fi network using a device driver and your router creates a Wi-Fi signal based on its firmware. Network drivers and firmware can occasionally affect your network connection if either/both requires an update.

Check your computer for any driver updates and install new firmware for your router from the product page on the manufacturer’s website.

You can read some amazing articles at:
https://: https://zappedia.com
Options
Re:Archer D7: Loss of WIFI Connection
2017-08-25 15:42:04
I suggest update the firmware of D7 http://www.tp-link.com/faq-652.html
Options
2017-10-18 20:57:13
I have exactly the same problem in that the 5GHZ wireless SSID disappears and I lose network connection.

My firmware details are:

Device Information

Firmware Version:
1.8.0 0.9.1 v0051.0 Build 170511 Rel.51715n

Hardware Version:
Archer D7 v1 00000000
Options
2017-10-20 17:16:36
I learned that tp-link has beta firmware for this 5G disappear issue, suggest you guys contact the support team at [EMAIL="support@tp-link.com"]support@tp-link.com[/EMAIL] for the beta
Options
Beta
2017-10-21 09:58:19
Already have the Beta. Seems to be stable. Few bugs though and it has confidential test version plastered all over it
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1651

Replies: 5