TD-W8970 v 3 as access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-18 03:50:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've been trying all tricks in the book configuring my old TD-W8970 v 3 modem/router as a wireless access point, without getting it to work properly.This is my network setup:I've got a fiber internet connection. The fiber modem has built-in wifi, but the signal doesn't cover all parts of the house.To fix this I want use my TD-W8970 as a second wifi access point, connected to the fiber modem by CAT cable.Tested configuration:Operation mode: wireless routerDHCP server disabledIP is outside the fiber modems DHCP rangeCAT cable connected to LAN1. Nothing connected to WAN portProblems:There is no problem getting wifi connection.I also get a working internet connection when the router is restarted. But if go within the modem's wifi range and then go back to the router I can no longer access the internet.The client now has an invalid IP starting with 169.xx.xx.xx.Has anyone got this kind of setup working with the Td-W8970?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1675

Replies: 0