pc losing connection (through lan cable after a few min)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-22 13:12:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

hey there :)

since about 3-4months i am owner of a "
[COLOR=#000000]AC750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router" or "archer C2" no idea tbh, just copying straight from the admin panel.
pretty much since the beginning i have my 2 pcs connected through lan cables and my xbox and phones through wlan.

both pcs are running pretty much 24/7.
my main pc, always seemd to have issues with this router, lil back story i had a netgear router before hand, but had to upgrade to something faster since i upgraded my internet connection to 250k and the NG router only supported up to 100 :(

so lets come to the problem, like right now, everything is perfectly fine, i can everything and the speed is as it should be. but then, at some point, sometimes just a few seconds after router reboot or sometimes a day or 2 later, my main pc just seems to not get any internet form the router anymore.
i am still able to freely access the admin panel, change stuff etc etc. but it just wont give me any internet connection, meanwhile my other pc, phone etc are working perfectly fine!
till some day my second pc started to act the same, it seems as if my other pc is not effected that much, but my main pc does not like the router at all, its usually just a few min till i have to reboot the router.
rebooting fixes the issue for a little bit.

i have already tried to disable all the ddos protection, firewall etc.
resetting to factory settings did also absolutly nothing.

no idea what todo tbh.

regards,
MasterLooser.

Options
6 Reply
Re:pc losing connection (through lan cable after a few min)
2020-03-16 06:06:42
Facing the same issue now, got any solution ?
Options
2020-10-21 20:52:58

I'm seeing this with the Archer C5 model, was there ever anything found that fixed the issue?

Options
2021-10-12 16:05:55

@masterlooser I have an Archer AX20 and I experience the same problem since. I unplugged accidently the power cable. 

Now the devices connected via a cable lose the connection randomly. I had to unplug my video game console and streaming box. 

Is there any solution?

Options
2021-10-13 06:10:34

@JFRuest 

Do you mean all the devices connected via a cable lose the connection randomly? Are they video game consoles and streaming boxes? Have you tested the LAN connection to the router on a computer?

How about the 2.4G and 5G wireless connection, are they stable? Please check below if glf's suggestion will help:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/255596?replyId=606054

Options
2021-10-13 11:52:24

@Kevin_Z Yes only the devices connected via a cable. The ones that are still connected are the ikea smart light hub. So it doesn't work most of the time.

Options
2021-10-14 01:46:17
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 908

Replies: 6