Set ADSL SNR Margin using telnet on a TD-W8961N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-31 15:38:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a TP-Link TD-W961N ADSL router.

My telephone line has variable quality through the day. The modem in the router seems to be configured to try and maintain the highest speed possible with a target SNR of 6.0db.

When the line quality drops, this causes the connection to fail.

I would like to increase the SNR margin so that the line runs slower but with a more stable connection.

I can telnet into the router and access the command line interface.

It seems to support a command that can do what I want:

wan adsl targetnoise
usage: gain value should be snr margin(dB) * 512
current value:0

However, I don't know how to set this value. Can anyone tell me how I set this so that the modem has a target SNR margin of 9db.

1. Is the parameter entered as decimal ( wan adsl targetnoise 4608) or hex ( wan adsl targetnoise 0x1200) or db ( wan adsl targetnoise 9)

2. Do I need to close ( wan adsl close) and reopen the adsl ( wan adsl open) in order for it to take effect?
3. I realize that this change to the settings isn't permanent, but does it need to be reapplied each time the link is reset, or only when the modem is rebooted?

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4957

Replies: 0

Related Articles