HS100 setup issue question - stuck on device name?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-01 22:19:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys, I don't see a similar problem on the boards, and tech support seems to be stumped so I thought I'd give this a go:

I already have bulb on Kasa, so plugged in the HS100 and ran the setup wizard. My phone disconnected from my home wifi, connected to the plug and then the device name popped up (defaults to my smart plug). No matter what I do I cant get past this step, it says saving for a split second and that's it, same screen.

If I quit Kasa, and go back in it says there is a preconfigured device, I can then add the plug as local only (wifi symbol is still flashing amber/green and I cant control the plug or change anything)

Called tech support, they emailed me the upgrade tool to upgrade the firmware, and did that. Same result. Emailed tech support again, apparently its a complex issue. Meh

I've tried restarting/ factory resetting the plug, rebooting the router, and uninstalling/reinstalling Kasa so far with no joy

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:HS100 setup issue question - stuck on device name?
2017-06-02 09:03:57
There could be a problem with the app maybe unique to your phone/os version? If you have access to another phone/tablet you might try setting it up from there. You probably know the next step is for it to show you the available SSIDs and allow you to configure it; until you do that it won't be properly accessible local or remote.

It might be the HS100 is crashing when you first connect and restarting - you might be able to tell from the LEDs. Things to try in that case - move the HS100 to a different outlet (maybe it's a ground problem) move the HS100 closer to your router, exchange it (maybe it's a bad board or power supply).
Options
Re:HS100 setup issue question - stuck on device name?
2018-12-15 04:00:18

I had the same problem with setting up HS 210 and it turned out the VPN I run on my phone was causing the issue. I disabled the VPN and viola - problem solved.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 947

Replies: 2