TD-W9980 firewall blocks access from WiFi to LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-11 21:14:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

When the firewall is enabled systems connected by WiFi are blocked from the LAN. This problem has been reported before in various guises but I've not seen such a basic bug as this.

I have a TD-W9980 connecting to the internet via VDSL. I have the firewall enabled. The TD-W9980 has its default IP of 192.168.1.1.
All systems on the LAN work as expected and can use the internet etc. except for systems connected by the TD-W9980's WiFi can't access the LAN.

For example I have a laptop connected to the TD9980's 2.4GHz WiFi, it has IP 192.168.1.106. It can access the internet without problems and it can access the TD9980 but it can't connect to any other system on the LAN.

If I disable the firewall then the laptop *can* access other systems on the LAN but this is unacceptable as the main reason I bought the TD-W9980 was to use the firewall.

Does anyone have a workaround for this bug? I've tried adding various rules to the firewall to enable access but I'm only guessing at what might work as the firewall doesn't explicitly have any LAN to LAN rules.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TD-W9980 firewall blocks access from WiFi to LAN
2017-08-03 17:19:39
What's the firmware version of your TD-W9980? Could you show us a screenshot of the Firewall settings page? When you mentioned the devices connected to LAN cannot be accessed, how do you access them? Can you still ping the devices in the LAN? Do you get the same issue with 5G wifi?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 621

Replies: 1

Related Articles