VR600 v2 has no WAN interface for static routing when on ADSL?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-12 13:18:02
Model : Archer VR600

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

Brand new VR600v2 installed on ADSL with an IPSEC VPN to a remote site. I want to add a static route to point to a second router on the same site but the wizard has nothing in the "Select WAN Interface" drop down. Consequently I can't add a static route for my other router.

I tried changing the WAN from PPPoA to PPPoE, but that made no difference.

There appear to be no updates available on the Australian TP-Link website for the VR600 v2, and when trying the firmware check in the router itself it says there are non available.

Anybody else had this issue?

Sean
Options
3 Reply
Re:VR600 v2 has no WAN interface for static routing when on ADSL?
2017-06-13 11:08:19
Hello Sean, I've contact TP and confirm this is a bug. I think they will push an update to fix this problem. I suggest you can contact to the technical support team and see whether there is a solution right now.
Options
2017-06-13 14:14:39
Thanks, Pacoo. I have sent them an email. Hopefully there is an updated firmware available.

Sean
Options
2017-06-22 18:53:00
They have sent the beta firmware and I have installed it. The WAN interface now shows up in the static route page, so I can add routes.

There are a couple of other minor niggles, though, and I have asked if my particular niggle can be addressed.

The beta firmware turn around time was quite quick (compared with say Cisco/Linksys)!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 718

Replies: 3

Related Articles