Archer D2 - Firmware update fail + other issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-12 16:19:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have been having a few issues with my internet connection recently and was advised to update the firmware for my router.

I have downloaded the update from the TP-link website. When I go to install the upgrade, it seems to get through the Upload part ok, but when it gets to the Upgrade part, it manages around 1-3% and then returns the following message:

Error code: 71211
Failed to upload upgrade file! Please confirm the correct file is selected.

Also I have noticed than when I run the diagnostics on Internet Browsing, I get fails on both Ping Default Gateway and Ping Primary Domain Name Server.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer D2 - Firmware update fail + other issues
2017-06-13 15:15:47
Just wanted to add some more info:

Hardware version: Archer D2 v1 00000000
Firmware version: 0.6.0 0.7 v003e.0 Build 140928 Rel.38569n
Options
Re:Archer D2 - Firmware update fail + other issues
2017-08-03 16:21:13
May I know which firmware you are trying to upgrade? Since you are from UK, you may go to the UK website to get the corresponding firmware : http://uk.tp-link.com/download/Archer-D2.html#Firmware
And make sure your computer is connected to D2 via ethernet cable when upgrading.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 768

Replies: 2

Related Articles