PPoe mode automaticly change to bridge mode.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-14 08:48:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, can you help me. My TPlink modem model TD—W8961N is automaticly change from Ppoe to bridge mode. thus prevent other wireless devices to have access to internet. How to disable the automatic change so i keep using PPoe mode. If so, does it actually the modem problem or the ISP provider issue. I have factory reset it couple of time, then insert the ISP username and password in PPoe mode. It works for 7 to 9 hours, then suddenly all wifi connected device cant access internet. When i check it, the setting change to bridge mode.
Options
5 Reply
Re:PPoe mode automaticly change to bridge mode.
2017-06-16 04:01:02
I have exactly the same problem. Here: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?96624-TD-W8961N-keeps-switching-to-bridge-mode

Except that nobody reads or responds to these forums. TP-Link support is non-existent it seems and I will never buy another one of their products again.
Options
Problem seem to solved for now... I hope so...
2017-06-18 20:07:00
I got a reply from tplink support through gmail. They said to this as follow. It worked. I thinks its the same for all tplink modem. you could try it.

For your case, it's suggested to delete the profile of Bridge mode on your TD-W8961N.

1. Please log into the web-based interface of your TD-W8961N, then go to Status->WAN, to find the PVC numbers whose Encapsulation is Bridge, and write down those PVC numbers.( see pic "Status")
2. Go Interface Setup->Internet, select the corresponding PVC numbers you've just written down and Deactivated them.
Then select PPPoA/PPPoE as the encapsulation type and Deactivated the Bridge Interface, then click save. (see pic "Interface setup")

Hope you solved it.
Options
2017-06-18 20:08:08
For your case, it's suggested to delete the profile of Bridge mode on your TD-W8961N.
1. Please log into the web-based interface of your TD-W8961N, then go to Status->WAN, to find the PVC numbers whose Encapsulation is Bridge, and write down those PVC numbers.( see pic "Status")
2. Go Interface Setup->Internet, select the corresponding PVC numbers you've just written down and Deactivated them.
Then select PPPoA/PPPoE as the encapsulation type and Deactivated the Bridge Interface, then click save. (see pic "Interface setup")

Try this. I got a reply for the tplink support . it works .

Options
2017-06-19 16:44:22
Thank you, fadhilaizat. I've just tried that and will see if it works.

Under 'status' ->WAN, I now only have PVC4 (which is the PPPoE one) in the list.

Thanks again for responding with your findings. Maybe emailing support is the route to take here, as opposed to this forum.
Options
2017-06-21 00:30:30
Yup, it is much more convenient than forum. Hope you problem solve.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2378

Replies: 5