DHCP relay, but the AP still gives the IPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-16 07:02:44
Model : Archer D7

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I use my Archer D7 as an access point to the main router. The main router was broken for a while but it's back now so I had to reconfig D7 to the AP mode again. I put the cable into the LAN socket, set IP 192.168.0.2 and DHCP relay with 192.168.0.1 as a gateway.

On the main router there is address pool 192.168.0.1-10 reserved for the special devices and 10+ for the rest. 0.1 is ofc for the router, 0.2 for the AP. Default gateway is obviously 0.1. The devices automatically get addresses 0.10+ with 0.1 gateway.

So what's the problem? Sometimes D7 sets IPs ending with 0.100+ to the random devices, with 0.254 gateway. It shouldn't give any IP itself at all, but the main router says it does. There's no internet connection with 0.254 gateway. It's easy to solve the problem setting the IP on the device manually but it shouldn't be like this. Disabling DHCP completely gives 0.254 gateway to every device, so that's why I use DHCP relay with static gateway.

How can I make the AP to NOT give any IP to anyone?
Options
1 Reply
Re:DHCP relay, but the AP still gives the IPs
2017-06-24 00:15:06
Does anything in the system log give any clues? Is it running latest firmware? and did you have this problem when you were originally in AP mode before the main router broke?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 420

Replies: 1