Nat type 1 on ps4?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Nat type 1 on ps4?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Nat type 1 on ps4?
Nat type 1 on ps4?
2017-06-22 05:27:49
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

First time poster here so forgive my limited knowledge.I recently purchased a tp link 89970 to replace my sky fibre router ( sr102) and I managed to set it up so it is working. However after much research I cannot figure out how to attain nat type 1 on my ps4 ( which is the main reason I purchased the tp link )Do I need another modem ? Can I get it to work by bridging tge 2 routers together?My current set up is ps4 in dmz outside the dhcp range with ports forwarded.I wish my ps4 to connect to my public ip to bypass the firewall to achieve nat type 1 and improve latency problems.If anyone can help or give advice it will be greatly appreciated
Options
1 Reply
Re:Nat type 1 on ps4?
2017-08-02 16:12:06
What's you WAN IP address? Is it a private IP or public IP? If it is a private IP, or if the IP is a reserved IP by the ISP, we cannot change it to NAT 1 probably.
If it is a public one, what we can do is enabled UPNP, or open port. DMZ should do the same.
You mentioned 'bridging 2 routers together', so you have another router apart from the 9970? If so, you'd better bridge that one.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1952

Replies: 1

Related Articles