router power button not working right

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-01 12:49:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

[/FONT][FONT=times new roman] I'm facing this problem long time ago and i couldn't found any solutions, i also can't determine the cause of the problem.

at the beginning my router power button wasn't working on the ON position, i had to push it with my finger all the way in or to use a Duck Tape to keep it ON.. after some time it started not to work even on the ON position when i push it all the way in like i used to have.. so i had to be very delicate not to push the button all the way in to make it power on.

i thought the problem was the spring and removing it will fix the problem.. so i opened my router case to take a look and the spring seems to be fine, there is no dirt and its not broken.
i also removed it to make sure.. and the problem still persist, its even getting worth after removing it, the router powers on after many attempts.

any idea what could be the problem?

P.S, i hear a slightly light buzzing sound every time my router powers on.

my router is TP-Link TD-W8901G
Options
3 Reply
Re:router power button not working right
2017-07-04 16:49:34
anybody? :(
Options
2017-08-03 15:30:51
This sounds like a hardware issue. You may try replace it if it is still under warranty.
Options
2017-08-05 11:41:18

vieldcs wrote

This sounds like a hardware issue. You may try replace it if it is still under warranty.

its not under warranty.. i removed the container that holds the spring and used the duck tape again.. this time its much better than before.. it rarely goes off.. i dunno what is the explanation of that
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3389

Replies: 3