Archer VR900 v2 NO STATS !!!! Whole VR Range missing Line Statistics in GUI ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer VR900 v2 NO STATS !!!! Whole VR Range missing Line Statistics in GUI ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
21 Reply
Is TP Link active on this forum ?
2017-08-13 21:08:41
Hi All ,

As can be seen from the above posts many of the important line statistics are missing or simply listed as 0 ,

even when using TP Links version of Telnet or Statposter !!

Unfortunately via GUI , ONLY the upstream line stats are shown ,

downstream errors are always 0 ( so not working either ) , so 1 singular line

stat out of 20 or 30 is shown , why is this so poor for a VR range router ?

What a let down from TP Link , it seems like ALL the VR range of routers has this issue , why has nobody

thought to fix this yet , I don't need full access via Telnet , I just want to see my line stats in the GUI ,

is this too much to ask for ?

Netgear / DLink / Asus / Billion even Belkin allow the viewing of these via GUI so why oh why have you not ?

TP Link you are letting your customers down on this one , after all some stats ARE available

using StatPoster and TP Link Telnet but NOT all , this should be easy to add to a firmware update ,

so that the GUI shows the important values .

All this situation does in my case is stand behind my ISP's argument that 3rd party routers cannot

do what an ISP supplied router can , and therefore to leave the ISP router in place and not use a 3rd party one,

this can't be good for TP Link sales !!!

Does TP Link actively monitor or actually reply to any of the forum posts ?

Is there a TP Link rep on here that is active ?

Dave.
Options
Re:Archer VR900 v2 NO STATS !!!! Whole VR Range missing Line Statistics in GUI ?
2017-08-13 21:20:25
Hi All ,

Does TP Link actively monitor or actually reply to any of the forum posts ?

Is there a TP Link rep on here that is active ?

Dave.
Options
Re:Archer VR900 v2 NO STATS !!!! Whole VR Range missing Line Statistics in GUI ?
2017-08-14 17:32:02
This is TP-Link Forum. You can send your problem to TP-Link support.
Options
2017-08-17 21:55:59
Hi Kevin,

Yes I know this is the TP Link forum , but as it is officially the " TP Link Forum " one would expect that TP Link would at least be involved in some way .

After all most other forums that carry the manufacturers name like this have some sort of involvement in their own branded forum ,

even if it is only a moderator that forwards the info to the correct department of TP Link .

Another reason is I just got this reply back from main TP Link support ( Not UK support )

Hi Dave,
Thank you very much for your email requesting information about our product.

We confirm it with our R & D , they told us the reason.
Since our chip provider doesn't provide related documents, we cannot make a firmware which show SHOWTIME / FASTPATH / INTERLEAVED or anything like FEC or CRC errors on the page.

We are very sorry about it. Hope you understand.

Have a nice day!

This is utter rubbish as Broadcom DO supply this information , it is TP Link that for some reason blocks us being able to view it .

As can be seen from the screen shots above SOME info is available if you go looking , but the TP Link GUI or TP Link " Branded " Telnet ,

( as it is NOT true Telnet ) simply ignores / blocks this info.

And YES , I have emailed them back , with proof that Broadcom DOES supply all the info for their xDSL chipsets as other manufacturers

use them and allow viewing of Line Statistics and pointed out a link to this whole post in their forum .

I hope that other VR users read this and email TP Link with the same questions and those about to buy don't fall into the same trap as me and waste a lot of

money buying equipment that falls short of the Quality / Support we should expect to be getting from a £200 modem / router .

My experience of TP Link in the past has been fantastic , I do so hope that their after sales has not fallen to the wayside like many other manufacturers.

Please please TP Link step up to the plate and fix these silly issues , we shouldn't be having to beg for this .

I hope my choice of the VR900 versus the Netgear D7000 was not a bad mistake .

Dave.
Options
TP Link response from Technical finally
2017-08-28 19:17:03
Hi all ,

Finally I have a response from TP Link that is at least acknowledging the problems with the VR range and hopefully it

sounds like they may be trying to have a go at resolving some of them .

Here is my latest response from TP Link Technical which gives me some hope :

Dear Dave,

Yes,I read your post on the forum.
Sorry for the late reply.

I am contacting with our engineer about make a firmware to show more DSL line status.
But our engineers don't have time recently as they are developing new products and fix known issues.
So the firmware will not release shortly.

Is there some issues with your DSL line,unstable/disconnections?
We can try change some settings and check if there's improvement.

Best Regards
----------------------------------------------
Toby
Technical Support Engineer
TP-LINK Technology Co., LTD.

All we can do now is hope they live up to their previously fantastic track record and bring out a firmware update to

show us some of the line statistics that we need , after all isn't the VR range one of their " Newest line " of routers ?

Dave.
Options
2017-09-24 22:06:09
I have issue the same problem all the stats of my dsl line are encrypted. Its not possible to pay for one of the best modems-routers and you can't see the stats of your line. I can't se how many hours my line is on i can't see even if its fastpath or interleave. Please fix this as fast as you can. I have ac1900 modem router.
Options
2017-09-25 06:24:29
@ kifinas

Please email to [EMAIL="support@tp-link.com"]support@tp-link.com[/EMAIL] and ask them to fix the line statistics not showing in GUI ,

you could try Statposter from above posting but it will not show " UpTime , Interleave Depth or Fastpath " but shows a few more stats.

Please email and make it known you are not happy with the very poor summary of statistics that TP Link allow on this premium Modem / Router,
after all many of their other products have a wealth of statistics available , this affects ALL the VR range !!!
Options
2017-09-28 00:32:48
thank you i've just send them my complains.

Lets see if they are going to fix this major problem at such a good modem-router.
Options
2017-11-08 21:01:24
Hi All ,

Good news , but not from TP Link who seem to be dragging their heels for some reason !

The VR range can now have full Telnet and as such we can now use programs like DSL stats / Router Stats etc.

A little bit of searching on Google will find the source , not sure to post the links here incase TP Link get upset and try to
either block this approach or cause issues for the sources.

Dave.
Options
2017-11-17 18:05:47
Thanks for your sharing.
Options
Related Articles