Connection keeps dropping TD-W9970

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-23 22:12:27
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Since installing my new TD-W9970 the other day my wireless connection has started dropping out at frequent intervals. I never had this happen with my previous router.

I contacted my ISP to make sure there were no problems that end. They confirmed everything is fine. My wireless adaptor driver is up to date; all of the router settings are correct; I also changed the router channel to one that none of my neighbours are using, to eliminate possible interference. We both have a strong signal as we are not that far from the router.
We have to keep switching the router off/on again, or I have to access the routers settings page and reboot it! A bit frustrating to say the least!

The dropout is happening on both our laptops, one running Windows 7 and one running the latest version of Ubuntu, both are fully up to date.

I've also installed the latest firmware version from the TP link website.

Do I just have a faulty modem router?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection keeps dropping TD-W9970
2017-07-25 16:55:44
Send an email to TP-Link support at support.uk@tp-link.com to check the issue.
Options
Re:Connection keeps dropping TD-W9970
2017-08-28 19:27:55
I've bought the same router model and I'm testing it, but the line keeps dropping every 2, 3 hours, even though the device is still accessible from lan / wlan.

With my previous router there are no problems.

Did you solve your problem in some way ?
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1659

Replies: 2

Related Articles