Kasa app and Android 7.1.1 issues?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-28 23:17:08
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Is there a subject titled problem?

1)Setup stuck at naming stage - I am not able to get past the room naming stage, long names, short names, single to three word names will send me back to the same page asking me to name the room or device.

2)Powering On/Off - I can't power on or off the plug when connected to wifi on a Android 7.1.1 device. Had to switch to mobile data in order to get it done.

3)Runtime - Runtime does not show up when using wifi, only appears when I'm viewing it using my cellular network.

For the issues above, I got the setup to go through by using my tablet which is running on Android 6.0.1, and same for powering on or off the plug on both 2.4 and 5 ghz networks.
Options
6 Reply
Re:Kasa app and Android 7.1.1 issues?
2017-07-31 15:27:24
Is that Android 7.1.1 a smart phone or a tablet? For tablets, it's possible that some have compatibility issues.
Options
2017-07-31 18:50:41
Hi Enson Loo.

The Nougat device is a 2017 released phone, Sony Xperia XZ Premium. G8142.
Options
2017-08-03 09:05:33
It sounds like that your Android phone is not connected to the same wifi with the smart plug, or there are some settings on the router which blocks the communication between them. You may check which wifi you use on the smart plug and the Android phone, and check whether there are firewall settings, or AP Isolation on the router.
Options
2017-08-06 15:18:35

Anton L.Z. wrote

It sounds like that your Android phone is not connected to the same wifi with the smart plug, or there are some settings on the router which blocks the communication between them. You may check which wifi you use on the smart plug and the Android phone, and check whether there are firewall settings, or AP Isolation on the router.

Hi Anton,

Thanks for replying.

I'm a little lost here. I believe I am correct when I say that I'm connected to the same 2.4 ghz and tested also on the 5 ghz band on my router and phone, unless there is a recommended way to test it out. I'm still lost.

I am using Asus RT-AC88U router. I've tried disabling AiProtection and turned off the firewall and rebooted my router. I still can't control the smart plug on wifi both 2.4 or 5 ghz band the runtime just shows -.--

AP isolation on my router is "No" for both 2.4 and 5 ghz bands as checked.

I did a search and no one in the forum reported issue(s) with Android 7.1.1 and Kasa. It's strange that I'm the only one getting this. It all works fine on my Xperia Z2 tablet running on Android 6.0.1
Options
2017-08-06 17:37:37
Ok, I got the issue resolved.

The block was caused by the Adguard pro app. I disabled the app and I can now control the smart plug when on wifi network.

Thanks for the help Enson Loo and Anton L.Z.

I will raise a ticket with the adguard app support.
Options
2017-08-07 14:57:03
:rolleyes: very happy to hear that
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 756

Replies: 6