ISP routed external IP address - TP link WD9970

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-01 17:41:16
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

Our ISP provider has given us 2 useable external routed IP addreses, 109.xxx.xxx.001 and 109.xxx.xxx.xxx.002. Our customer wants to use thses, sceanrio is a fibre to the cabinet with a static external IP of 79.xxx.xxx.xxx, we can conect the TP Link to the FTTC using the static address 79.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. My question is how can we use the extenral routed IP's, customer has a Sonicwall they want to use the 109 for VPN.

I dont think the router is capable I just need someone to confirm my suspicions

Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:ISP routed external IP address - TP link WD9970
2017-08-02 15:11:54
If your connection is like that: ISP-----(telephone line)--- TD-W9970---(ethernet cable)---Sonicwall and the ISP provides internet with static IP, not PPPOE or PPPOA(which needs an username and password), this method may work.
1. Set up the TD-W9970 to get internet via static IP
2. Uncheck 'Enable NAT' under Network-->WAN settings-->Advanced in the modem's admin page
3. Connect the Sonicwall and another device which need the other 2 IPs to the TD-W9970 (some other settings may be required from ISP and the Sonicwall manufacturer)
4. Connect another router to the TD-W9970 for wifi if needed (the wifi from TD-W9970 won't work in this mode)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 584

Replies: 1