Compatibility issues with TL-WPA500 TKIT(UK) and a Solwise Piggy6 6 way pwerline extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Compatibility issues with TL-WPA500 TKIT(UK) and a Solwise Piggy6 6 way pwerline extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-19 03:50:42
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently purchased the 3 piece TL Link kit (see above), which has proved very easy to set up. Pairing and cloning the adapter and the 2 extenders was straightforward and now have wifi throughout my home. However, I have an existing Solwise Piggy6 home plug - the round one with six 13 amp sockets and 3 ethernet outlets which powers and provides internet connection to my TV and home entertainment devices. This was working fine before I installed the new TP-Link plugs, but now I'm unable to access any internet via the Piggy6. It clearly requires to be paired to the new network but the "plug and play" instructions that came with the Piggy6 don't appear to be much good with the TP-Link system. Can anyone help please.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Compatibility issues with TL-WPA500 TKIT(UK) and a Solwise Piggy6 6 way pwerline extender
2017-08-21 16:47:45
TP-LINK AV200,AV500,AV600 powerline adapters adopte HomePlug AV Standard, so they are compatible with each other,AV1200 adopt HomePlug AV2,that is also backward compatible with HomePlug AV standard,which means TP-LINK AV200,AV500,AV600,AV1200 are all compatible with each other.However, the powerline rate will drop to lowest one’s rate when use different AV adapters together. For adapters of other brands,if they adopt the same standard,they should also be compatible with TP-LINK adapters.However,different brands’ products will have different ways to pair and configure,it might be much easier to use adapters from the same brand.
Options
Re:Compatibility issues with TL-WPA500 TKIT(UK) and a Solwise Piggy6 6 way pwerline extender
2017-08-21 17:42:06
Thanks for that reply Enson Loo. Do you know if TP Link make a similar hub to the Piggy 6x3?
Options
2017-08-22 16:19:49
i dont think so
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 807

Replies: 3